What? Not a Cafe Racer? Nope, that’s right! Today we bring you a BMW R80GS Scrambler, made in Belgium by Olivier Bolle.
This is his story.
Several months ago a good friend of mine told me that I should build a scrambler myself. I am 40 years old and for the last 25 years my passion is motorbikes. Not only driving them but also adapting them to something unique. Since I already had some experience with BMW Boxer engines in other projects I thought why not building a scrambler based on a R80GS from 1995…..
Thanks to a good friend that inspired me a new bike was born.
The most challenging part for me was to create a new sub frame. I invested in a special tool to bend tubes and the game was on. After all it was easier than a thought.
The center caps on the fuel tank come from an old flat six Porsche . Since an Porsche air cooled flat six engine and a BMW boxer engine have similar technologies I thought why not this marriage on a bike ? After all I always wondered : “If Porsche would build motorbikes, would you ride on it ? “…I would J.
List of modifications:
-Tank: BMW R65
– Seat: Homemade by BoxerBolle ( Me J)
– Subframe: homemade by BoxerBolle
– Front and rear fender: Delivered by caferacerwebshop.com
– Exhaust : custom made piping, silencers by caferacerwebshop.com
– Leather Toolbox: Old army bullet box
– Rear suspension : Wilbers
– Tires: Continental TKC80 Twinduro
– Front light: Yamaha XS650
– Rear light: : Delivered by caferacerwebshop.com
– Air Filters : Delivered by caferacerwebshop.com
– Carter: BMW racing oversized carter
– Digital dashboard: Acewell 2853AB Speedo
By the way the R80 BoxerBolle is for sale. The new owner can choose the color of the fuel tank himself since this is the only job which is left to do on this beauty. The color now is Polar Silver from Porsche.
If you like to know more about this BMW R80GS Scrambler; you can always send us an email.